blur bientôt en studio ! (màj)

News et commentaires du site
Nico
Enhydra lutris
Enhydra lutris

blur bientôt en studio ! (màj)

Message par Nico »

Flash du 13 juillet 2007

Dans NME, Dave Rowntree confirme une entrée en studio d'une semaine en septembre avec Graham Coxon :mrgreen: , précisant bien que c'est un essai qui peut déboucher sur l'enregistrement d'un album ou à un arrêt complet du groupe ("There is a week in the diary in September. But it's a very small thing - it could either be a seed or a full-stop.").

Flash du 9 Juin 2007

Visiblement l'information tendrait à être confirmé, il y aurait bien une session d'enregistrement cette année...

> Dave Rowntree explique qu'aucune décision "ferme" n'est encore prise mais parle tout de même d'une entrée en studio en octobre pour une semaine au moins dans le très respectueux The Independent (06/06/2007)

> La déclaration d'une source mystérieuse dansThe Sun (05/06/2007), fait état d'une session possible en novembre. Cette source serait peut être Alex James lui même comme le parie The Guardian.

Article Original du 29 avril 2007

Le site contactmusic.com rapporte des propos d'Alex qui aurait révélé que Blur (au grand complet !) comptait se réunir en studio au mois d'aoûtpendant 1 semaine pour commencer. Le quatuor déciderait alors de splitter définitivement (Damon ne voulant plus jouer sans Graham) ou de composer un (dernier?) album.

Bien que les rapprochements initiés par Alex depuis décembre et la venue dans sa ferme de Graham ajouté au fait que TGTBTQ ne fasse que 3 festivals en août ne rendent pas improbable l'information, celle-ci reste à prendre avec des pincettes. Information à confirmer, donc. La mention de la location d'un studio au lieu d'aller au studio 13 est également étrange.
I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message.
slowdown
(parklife)
(parklife)

Message par slowdown »

omigod...omigod.....
dois-je vraiment arrêté de respirer ?
"It's up to you, you know it is, I can't convince you, all you have to do is slow down"
Simon
(blur forever)
(blur forever)

Message par Simon »

Pourvu que ça marche
Joël
Grand Chef
Grand Chef

Message par Joël »

"We're all heading into the studio together this summer. Graham's coming too. We're gonna see if we've still got it," bassist Alex James confirmed. "If not, I think we'll just call it a day."
A source told the Daily Star: "There was a lot of acrimony around the time Graham left but now everyone is back on speaking terms. They're hopeful that the sessions will prove rewarding but are under no illusions. If things don't go to plan in the studio they're all quite happy to walk away, safe in the knowledge they gave it their best shot."
Croisons les doigts :) En espérant qu'ils nous feront pas le coup des Pixies, qui malgré leur reformation après 11 ans n'arrivent toujours pas à enregistrer d'album - cela fait 5 ou 6 ans que Graham n'est plus membre du groupe, çà jouera.
Je rappelle que cela fait quelques mois que certaines rumeurs laissaient entendre ce retour en studio avec Graham. Quelques doutes planaient aussi sur ce qui s'est passé à la fin de l'année 2005 avec le fameux concert annulé. Ouf, il y a de l'espoir :)
Joël, webmaster de magicblur.net
Get out of cities, return to the trees x last.fm x flickr x fb
Nico
Enhydra lutris
Enhydra lutris

Message par Nico »

Oui sauf que pour ce fameux concert à l'époque de Noël pour le fan-club, il était juste question d'enregistrer un EP live de nouveaux titres pas trop prise de tête on va dire, à la we've got a file on you et surtout SANS Graham ! Du moins c'est ce que j'en avais compris...
Joël
Grand Chef
Grand Chef

Message par Joël »

il était juste question d'enregistrer un EP live de nouveaux titres pas trop prise de tête on va dire, à la we've got a file on you et surtout SANS Graham
Je n'ai plus le mail d'origine. Mais on y parlait il me semble d'une surprise. Mon avis est que cette surprise était justement son retour, d'ailleurs beaucoup spéculaient sur cela à l'époque. Enfin c'est du passé.
Joël, webmaster de magicblur.net
Get out of cities, return to the trees x last.fm x flickr x fb
Nico
Enhydra lutris
Enhydra lutris

Message par Nico »

L'info, depuis reprise par nme.com, aurait été diffusée en 1er lieu sur Yahoo! Music UK & Ireland -ex-dotmusic.com- mais on ne sait toujours pas si ce sont des propos rapportés ou une interview donnée au site.
bruno
Pilier De Bar
Pilier De Bar

Message par bruno »

Tant qu'il n'y a pas de démenti hin...

Bon comme d'hab, on attend toujours une confirmation de l'Albarn ou du Cox...

En tout cas Alex, est à fond lui, il doit bien se faire chier dans sa ferme!
Audrey a écrit :de toute façon la parole de Bru c'est l'évangile
Nico
Enhydra lutris
Enhydra lutris

Message par Nico »

Pas un mot dans sa dernière colonne dans The Independent.
Pour tuer le temps, il a quitté sa ferme, sa femme et Geronimo pour aller gratouiller sa basse en studio pour KT Tunstall.

de + :
Pitchfork a écrit :While not exactly denying the studio rendezvous, Graham Coxon's management, meanwhile, isn't confirming anything at this point. "There's a lot of rumour and conjecture around about Blur at the minute," Coxon's manager wrote today in a statement to Pitchfork, "but I can tell you that nothing concrete has been planned for the band."

No word on how drummer Dave Rowntree's potential post as Marylebone district councilman might affect the possible reunion plans; guess they'll hash that out after the results arrive from today's elections. Wait, election day is Thursday in England? Buncha tea-sippin' weirdos.
bruno
Pilier De Bar
Pilier De Bar

Message par bruno »

Ouais j'ai lu ça hier, et là me suis demandé who the fuck is KT turnstall?
Quelqu'un connait?

Sinon dans the independent(décidemment, trés en vogue) Dave parle aussi :
I've led a very sheltered and protected life and not had much responsibility. That's the nature of being in a band on tour. You have people there whose job it is to do stuff to make sure you're at the show on time. That doesn't encourage you to grow up particularly. Now that we're not on the road so much I've found that I've had to grow up quite quickly. One thing I've found is that, rather boringly, I feel a sense of responsibility for my neighbours and the area where I live. It's not sexy and it's not very rock'n'roll, but it led to me getting involved with my local Labour Party four or five years ago. I became chair of the local party last year and a couple of by-elections came up, one of which was in my branch, so I stood for it.

There was no particular cause that spurred me into it. It's to do with following my conscience and trying to do what's right rather than what's convenient. It's about trying to get a bit more involved in life and being a little less insulated from everything as I feel I have been for the past 15 years in the band. I've had a house in London, but basically lived around the world.

I certainly have some skills for politics. I'm good with people. I've got lots of energy. I'm good at fighting for things that I believe in, and I suppose that makes me quite a natural local politician. The trouble with local politics is that the issues sound ridiculous, almost comical, when you put them in the context of a national newspaper. This week's campaign is a school that is across a main road from a residential area, but there's no pedestrian crossing. There's no grand banner-waving going on. That's why local politics don't attract people. There's not much in it apart from the satisfaction of taking up the cause on behalf of somebody and trying to get something done about it.

Being in a band is good training for being part of a political party because there are a lot of competing interests. Everybody involved has a different idea of what the band should sound like, and what comes out on the records is an amalgam of the best of them all. The same is true of the Labour Party. There are a lot of different political interests, ideas and competing priorities. What comes out of it, you hope, is the best of all those ideas.

So many bands split up and cite musical differences, or there are often rumours about money, but the reality more often than not is that the people haven't learnt to get along. There are all these amazing bands that don't get back together just because the people can't stand each other any more, like Pink Floyd or The Who. They go on stage and don't even look at each other. They haven't mastered the art of getting on with people. It's the politics of being in a band that's difficult. That's why Blur has been silent for so long. There's a week in the diary at the end of the year when we're going to get back together and see how it goes.

Damon [Albarn, Blur's frontman] is very excited about my involvement in politics. He's a political activist and I think he wishes everybody in the world was one. I saw him at his gig the other week. We go up to Alex's [James, the bassist] for lunch. It's nice seeing them. It's telling that all of us have one sister and no brothers. We became like the brothers we didn't have. Things get strained because we have become each other's surrogate family, and family relations are always difficult. But you do always love each other.
There are a lot of similarities between what Blair did for the Labour Party and what we did as Blur. He's got the gift as a narrator. He can get up on a podium and put his case convincingly so you believe him and trust him, which is the basic skill of a politician. Even though we have done some ridiculous things in our career, and made some stupid mistakes, we have always been able to get up on stage and play and just blow people away. We have managed to convince people that we were something by just being able to do it.

As for people thinking politics must be boring compared to rock and roll, Charlie Watts's quote was very telling. When asked what it was like being in The Rolling Stones for 25 years he said it was like being in the Stones for five years and sitting around for 20 years. Being in a band on tour is mostly travelling. There's plenty of boring downtime. There are a couple of hours when you're doing what you're paid to do. There are good and bad aspects to any job.

After 10 years everyone in the country will be able to find something that the Government has done that they don't like. The Labour Party is so down in the dumps that people are scared to identify with it at the moment. But what I'm finding in the streets is that a lot of people are coming up and saying: "Thanks very much for doing this." Supporters want some reason to say, "I do support Labour", despite everything that is going on.

The war in Iraq is not something I really want to set my stall out about. It's the most divisive issue of the past 10 years. My main feeling is: thank God I didn't have to take that decision. It must have been the hardest decision of Tony Blair's life. I think a lot of people at the time felt something had to be done about Saddam, a crackpot dictator who murdered his own people indiscriminately. However, it would be hard to find many people who support the way that peace has been handled.

Do I have aspirations to be an MP? I'm just following my nose at the moment. There are two weeks to go to the elections. My chances of winning are slim. The Tories had 70 per cent of the vote at the last election and the Labour Party was slightly more popular then. If I lose I'll still be chair of my local branch for another nine months - I'm not going to resign in a petulant fit if I don't win.
Pas un mot sur le G.

Mais vu le commentaire de Pitchfork, on peut penser que c'est en négociation. Ni oui ni non, peut-être...
Nico
Enhydra lutris
Enhydra lutris

Message par Nico »

rhoooo KT Tunstall Bru, voyons.... n'importe qui connait !
toi qui est un fidèle auditeur de NRJ, tu as déjà dû entendre un de ses titres
Morgan
Beetlebum
Beetlebum

Message par Morgan »

Un de ses single a même été pris pour les pub Alice, le fameux WHOUWHOU!
N'empeche un ses single est pas mal! Je sais plus le titre... :oops:
Graham you never gonna die!!!!!!!
Nancy-Roxons
Popscene
Popscene

Message par Nancy-Roxons »

quelqu'un de gentil pourrai éffacer ce message s'il vous plait ?
J'ai fait un tite bétise :oops:
Holding On For Tomorrow...
bruno
Pilier De Bar
Pilier De Bar

Message par bruno »

Nico a écrit :rhoooo KT Tunstall Bru, voyons.... n'importe qui connait !
toi qui est un fidèle auditeur de NRJ, tu as déjà dû entendre un de ses titres
Ouais mais qu'au volant de ma R5 Sport!

Alors oui, chuis allé sur son myspace, et effectivement, il aurait fallu habiter dans une cave quelques années pour pas avoir entendu l'un de ses titres. Je ne connaissais pas son nom. Ca va bien avec les copines d'Alex, Ellis-Bextor tout ça. C'est moche.
bruno
Pilier De Bar
Pilier De Bar

Message par bruno »

In fact ça serait plutôt en Octobre:
Blur return to studio - and may make comeback album
By Arifa Akbar
Published: 06 June 2007
Blur, one of the biggest Britpop acts of the 1990s, have agreed to meet for a recording session that may lead to a "comeback" album after years of silence.

The reunion in October could lead to a series of gigs and an album. While fans were hailing the move as a sign that the band would reunite, Dave Rowntree, the group's drummer, said no firm decisions had been made but that the group were cautiously optimistic.

"We will spend one week recording and see what happens," he told The Independent. "We're dipping our toes in the water. We have not made any decision but we'll see how we feel and if the spark is there."

While stressing the band were not technically reforming as "we have never split up", he said other studio get-togethers had led to the creation of albums and subsequent gigs. "That tends to be the way albums start," he said. "That's how the last one started. We get together and either we say 'it's not the right time' or we say 'brilliant'. We don't want to pre-judge the issue right now."

Asked whether he was confident the session would lead to the band making a comeback, Alex James, the band's bass player, said: "I do sincerely hope so but there's no point doing it unless all of us want to because that was what was so good about it. I'm hoping that it'll happen but there's nothing set in stone."
J'ai zappé la fin de l'article qui ne sert à rien. http://arts.independent.co.uk/music/new ... 617443.ece

Et puis pq pas le Sun, mais là c'est Novembre :
GREAT news Girls And Boys — BLUR are heading back into the studio.
The Britpop four — including exiled band member GRAHAM COXON — will start recording new material in November.

DAMON ALBARN, DAVE ROWNTREE and ALEX JAMES have been up for it for a while, but guitarist Graham wasn’t keen. But now he’s finally agreed.

A source said: “They’ve all had lots on, with solo projects, cartoon bands, political campaigns and farming. “But by the end of summer, their plates will be clear. They’ll go into the studio together in November.”

Damon and his GORILLAZ co-creator JAMIE HEWLETT are currently working on a Chinese circus production for the Manchester International Festival this summer.

Drummer Dave made a failed bid to become a Labour party councillor. Bassist Alex has been making cheese on his country farm.

And Graham has released some excellent albums but without much chart success.

Graham left Blur after a fall-out in 2002.

The band released one more album before going their separate ways, although they never officially split.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007250834,00.html

Sinon Le Guardian qui conclut sur l'affaire, et en plus qui balance :
You may have recently gained the impression that, as a band, Blur were pretty much over. Graham Coxon was uncontactable, Dave Rowntree had plans for improving the equality of opportunity in Kensington and Chelsea, Damon Albarn was making operas, while Alex James was writing about cheese and flogging his autobiography.

But if you had gained that impression, you would be a gullible fool. Because, it turns out, the band that defined 1997 are back back back! According to an anonymous source in the Sun.

"They've all had lots on," the source revealed to the most upbeat Goth in Britain, "with solo projects, cartoon bands, political campaigns and farming."

"But, by the end of summer, their plates will be clear. They'll go into the studio in November."

These remarks are all very exciting and have a ring of veracity to them thanks to the slightly odd wording. You can't imagine a record biz bloke getting away with calling Gorillaz a "cartoon band" or summoning up the suitably louche image of the band's lives being a meal which needs to be finished before starting a new course.

If we had any, our money would be on Alex James being the mystery mouth. But we don't, so it's academic.
http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/ ... 78,00.html
Colin Zeal
Panda Boy
Panda Boy

Message par Colin Zeal »

sérieusement vous avez pensé à Graham jouant think tank sur scène et à quel point ca pourrait être énorme de le voir mettre sa patte aux chansons?
bruno
Pilier De Bar
Pilier De Bar

Message par bruno »

Colin Zeal a écrit :sérieusement vous avez pensé à Graham jouant think tank sur scène et à quel point ca pourrait être énorme de le voir mettre sa patte aux chansons?
Oui.

Et tu as trés certainement raison, ça pourrait être grandiose. Seulement, m'est d'avis qu'il n'en aura pas envie, hormis Battery in your leg.
lebovinDmers
Debt Collector
Debt Collector

Message par lebovinDmers »

euh en octobre je crois que c'est pas possible damon il enregistre déjà avec TGTBTQ
luminous
Chinchilla Powaaaaa
Chinchilla Powaaaaa

Message par luminous »

Ah bon, ils comptent remettre ça eux ? je suis pas contre loin de là, mais je croyais que c'était histoire de faire un album et une tournée, et basta ?

sinon je suis plutôt d'accord avec brunal, à mon avis Graham aura pas top envie de jouer cet album.
bruno a écrit :Un album de Saez c'est comme boire au robinet en Inde...
lebovinDmers
Debt Collector
Debt Collector

Message par lebovinDmers »

oulalala non je me suis trompée c'est en septembre qu'ils vont aller en studio TGTBTQ (désolé ...) il a dit ça dans l'article du NME du 3/03 : viewtopic.php?t=2145
Verrouillé